Tuesday, March 15, 2011

A Little Bit of Herstory... A Very Short One

On February 15, 2010 Rosario and I took a crochet hook for the first time in our hands. We were visiting my mom and we saw she was crocheting borders to babies blankets. It occur to me to say: "Mom, why don't you teach me to crochet?" She took it very seriously and immediately put a hook on my hand and taught me how to chain. Right after that I was already doing double crochet. How exciting!!! I'm doing this... and since I have not stop.

As soon as I realized that I was crocheting, I walked to Rosario. She was at the computer checking out her facebook and told her: "I think you're going to like this, do you want to learn?" We don't know from where it came, but soon enough, Rosario also had a crochet hook on her hand and was learning. Our teacher was so excited and so were we! I even took a video of her instructions on how to do a double crochet.

Right after our first crochet lesson, my mom offer to take us to the store and buy us our first yarn skeins. The agreement is to have us do a project with what we learn, that we should show her on our next visit. She also bought us our first hooks. From there, every night we came home from work and we crochet our first scarves. ...the rest you've seen on facebook. It has been a non-stop fun crochet journey... So we will continue to crochet-away!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment